Chai Latte {Finished Quilt}


I was finally able to gift the quilt I made for Hannukah to Andrew's mom last week.  I feel like I have been working on this one forever!  Joan picked out the design from the awesome book, Vintage Quilt Revival.   We used the kona card to pick out the greens, blues, gold and rust that match her home's color scheme.  It was difficult to find these colors in my fabric stash, so most are solid Kona.  The blues from Carolyn Friedlander's Botanics line were perfect.


For the backing I made one huge tea leaf block with some of the leftover kona solids.


I had a lot of fun quilting this one and tried to mimic the free motion quilt designs they used in the book.  There are swirls in the leaves and wavy lines in the background.  Lots of threads to bury, but it was actually pretty quick with my new self threading needles!


It is so nice to give a quilt to someone that really appreciates the work that goes into and enjoys it!  Joan sent me a picture of it on her couch as soon as she got home (and now I can't find the email)!  Sometimes I think it is really hard to work on a project that is not in colors you would pick, and this one I really struggled with.  I was worried she wouldn't like how it turned out because I wasn't sure about it.  The funny thing is, once it came out of the washer, all crinkly and soft and warm, I REALLY liked it! It looked pretty nice folded over my couch!  But, it definitely has a good home and looks great in my mother-in-law's living room!







Comments

Popular Posts