do. Good Stitches August



These two blocks are about to go over the ocean to see fionapoppy in Scotland!  She tasked us with making one block using a girlie from this tutorial and one made up of 2.5" squares.  You can see her inspiration mosaic right here.  This was a lot of fun to do!  You can learn more about this charity quilting bee here on flickr.  It's always fun to make blocks without the commitment of a whole quilt full!  Nice way to test the waters on a new design!
 

Additionally, I have two completed quilts to show you from our Joy Circle!  Up first is the house quilt which Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches put together and quilted.  My blocks are in this post.  Top left corner & the last on the right in the second row.  It is going to a family affected by the Slave Lake Fire.


The second quilt is a true scrappy quilt from Splendorfalls.  This will be going to a family affected by the tornado in Joplin through an effort organized by The Quilted Garden.   My blocks are posted here.


Always so amazing to see this effort come together over a flickr pool!

Comments

  1. Your blocks are just gorgeous :)
    Thankyou x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are awesome. Love the girl- love the colors and the duck. Your blocks in the finished quilts look great too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I am so glad to have discovered your blog and see that you posted these! I just posted our June quilt on my blog: http://dashasel.blogspot.com/2011/08/is-what-90-degrees-on-beach-can-look.html xx, Dashasel

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments! I try to answer as many as I can, but if you need an answer and don't have an email address linked to your profile, I will reply here. Thanks!

Popular Posts